The Practice Group Tax consists of a team of lawyers with additional training in tax matters, for instance as tax consultant or specialist lawyer for tax law, and long-standing practical experience in all areas of tax law.
They provide legal advice and representation to renowned companies in various industries and of different sizes, either in Germany or abroad, but also to private equity investors, wealthy private persons or non-profit organizations.
Our tax experts provide advice on drafting, designing and implementing mergers and acquisitions, transactions and corporate restructurings as well as public private partnership projects, setting up trusts or matters of tax criminal law. The members of the Practice Group Tax all possess detailed expertise and experience in neighboring fields of law and therefore a single contact is in a position to provide interdisciplinary services.
The main focus of the Practice Group includes:
- Structuring of corporations and corporate groups, choice of legal form, reorganization, acquisition of companies and financing
- Providing legal advice to private persons, in particular with respect to corporate and property succession and in inheritance tax matters
- Compliance advice and representation in tax criminal law
- Tax Due Diligence
- Representation in company audits, opposition proceedings and legal actions
- Legal advice on structuring issues with respect to ongoing taxation and, in particular, areas of taxation, such as value-added tax and international tax law
- Legal advice and representation in matters of foreign trade law, of customs duties and excise duties
- Representation out of court and in court in tax liability matters.