A team led by Boris Dürr, Partner at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, advised mic AG on the acquisition of Pyramid Computer GmbH. With the takeover, mic AG, listed on Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Scale segment, will increasingly focus its business on Pyramid, a manufacturer of self-service terminals, thus accelerating Pyramid’s growth rate. Based on an equity value of some EUR 44 million, Pyramid’s existing shareholders will receive consideration of EUR 20 million in cash plus a significant number of mic shares, thus retaining a significant indirect stake in Pyramid.
mic AG plans several cash and non-cash capital increases as well as the raising of outside capital to finance and perform the takeover. The transaction will be carried out in two stages, with mic AG initially acquiring 52 percent of Pyramid's shares and the remaining 48 percent at a later date.
The Heuking team advises mic AG comprehensively on all legal aspects of the transaction including transaction structuring, legal due diligence, purchase agreement documentation, and on the measures under stock corporation law and capital market law to implement the transaction.
Pyramid Computer GmbH develops and produces IT solutions for the retail, financial, and industrial sectors. Its customer-specific hardware solutions include interactive kiosk systems, networks, and security as well as IT solutions. Established in 1985, the company manufactures self-service terminals for restaurants and has already delivered more than 40,000 kiosk systems to its customers. More than 130 employees work at its headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau and at the production and logistics site near Erfurt.
On the basis of a long-term investment horizon, mic AG invests in young growth companies and in medium-sized companies in the IT, electronics, fiberoptic sensor technology, and optics sectors. mic AG is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and is included in the Scale segment.
Counsel to mic AG
Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek:
Boris Dürr (Lead, Corporate/M&A), Munich
Dr. Thorsten Kuthe, (Capital Markets), Cologne
Christian Schild, LL.M. (Corporate/M&A), Munich
Peter Schäffler (Tax), Munich
Dr. Thomas Jansen (IT/Data Protection), Munich
Dr. Lutz Martin Keppeler, (IT/Data Protection), Cologne
Astrid Wellhöner, LL.M. Eur. (Employment), Munich
Dr. Anton Horn (IP), Düsseldorf
Dr. Gero Lingen (Capital Markets), Cologne
Stephanie Wurm (Employment), Munich
Dr. Ralf Nobis (Corporate/M&A), Munich
Steffen Wilberg (Real Estate), Munich
Philipp Roman Schröler (IP), Düsseldorf