With an interdisciplinary team of lawyers that has many years of experience in transport, traffic and infrastructure industries, we offer our clients professional and comprehensive advisory services. These services exceed each individual area of specialist expertise and take into account the economic and legal interconnections that occur in practice. The competencies summarized in the Practice Group range from traditional transport and logistics law and transportation insurance law to comprehensive legal advice on infrastructure projects and project management up to maritime law, including ship financing.
Particularly the higher rate of European and international regulations increases the legal requirements on companies in the transportation and logistics industries and in the public sector. By providing comprehensive advice at an early stage, we can help you to organize and implement projects in an optimum manner and to avoid conflicts.
The main focus of the Practice Group includes:
Transportation and Logistics
- National and international transport law for all methods of transport including multimodal traffic
- Logistics law (such as in connection with outsourcing, supply chain management, data warehousing, etc.)
- Forwarding and warehousing law (including complex warehousing solutions)
- Transport insurance law (such as insurance for the transport of money and valuables, product consultancy)
- Pursuing or defending insurance recovery claims (transport insurance and carrier’s liability insurance)
- Legal advice in matters of antitrust and merger control law and representation of transport and logistics companies
- Representation in court and arbitration proceedings
- National and international maritime law including questions relating to bills of lading
- Law on domestic shipping
- Maritime contract law (such as drafting of ship management and charter agreements, pool and cooperation agreements, management agreements)
- Handling and processing of damage events in shipping