- Admitted since 2014
- Education and former activities
- KLS Rechtsanwälte, Cologne, Lawyer 2014-2017
- Higher Regional Court Cologne, Legal Trainee 2012-2014
- Wolters Kluwer Deutschland GmbH2011-2013
- University Cologne 2004-2011
Mr. Schmitt focuses on forensic and advisory work in insurance and liability law and has many years of experience in all areas of liability insurance law, in particular on pecuniary loss liability insurance. Based on this expertise, Mr. Schmitt regularly acts on behalf of insurers in defending their policyholders in damages litigation and defends claims arising from tax advisor, auditor and attorney liability. In the recent past, Mr. Schmitt has also gained extensive experience in the successful defense of claims in so-called mass proceedings in the area of capital and financial investments.
In addition, property insurance law and insurance distribution law are further areas of Mr. Schmitt's practice.
Furthermore, Mr. Schmitt regularly handles cases related to business closure insurance.
- German Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please try again later.