SOPAT acquires Parsum with support of Heuking

A team led by Christoph Nöhles and Dr. Bodo Dehne, both partners at the Duesseldorf office of Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, advised particle measurement technology company SOPAT, a multiple award-winning spin-off of the Technical University of Berlin, on the strategic acquisition of competitor Parsum. 

Parsum - Gesellschaft für Partikel-, Strömungs- und Umweltmeßtechnik mbH develops, manufactures and markets solutions for inline particle measurement in production processes. The company was founded in 1997 by former members of the Chemnitz University of Technology and has developed into an internationally recognized supplier of particle measurement solutions for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Today, it is one of the market leaders in the field of particle measurement in fluid bed processes and can count numerous universities and research institutes among its customer base, in addition to globally active pharmaceutical manufacturers and companies in the food and chemical industries. Internationally, Parsum’s measurement systems were previously distributed by Malvern Panalytical.

With this acquisition, SOPAT is taking the next step towards growth. 70% of the shares were acquired directly by SOPAT, while the remaining 30% were acquired by SOPAT's majority shareholder WZ Process B.V.. The acquisition was completed in August 2022. The parties agreed not to disclose the purchase price and further terms.

SOPAT (Smart Online Particle Analysis Technology) GmbH is a technological leader in the field of particle measurement technology, founded by Jörn Emmerich, Dr. Sebastian Maaß and Jürgen Rojahn in 2012. WZ Process B.V. invested in SOPAT in 2019. With the acquisition of Parsum, SOPAT intends to use Parsum’s immense international potential and to continue to grow together with Parsum.

Counsel to SOPAT GmbH
Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek: 

Christoph Nöhles (Lead, M&A)
Dr. Bodo Dehne (Lead, Corporate / M&A)
Christoph Hexel (Employment Law)
Dr. Alexander Bork (Employment Law)
Philipp Schröler (IP Law)
Sarah Radon (Corporate / M&A), all Düsseldorf
Fabian Gaffron (Tax)
Dr. Sarah Slavik-Schulz (Tax) both Hamburg
Cécile Corbet (IP Law), Frankfurt am Main

Download as PDF

Contact persons

You are currently using an outdated and no longer supported browser (Internet Explorer). To ensure the best user experience and save you from possible problems, we recommend that you use a more modern browser.