- Insurance Law
- Professional Liability Law
- Product Liability Law
- Civil Litigation
- D&O, E&O, Fidelity insurance
- Liability Law
- Credit insurance
- Insurance Supervisory Law
- Insurance Distribution Law
- Columnist for the online trade magazine Versicherungsmonitor
- Lecturer for insurance law at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
- Arbitrator pursuant to § 18 ARB for liability law within the jurisdiction of the Cologne Bar Association
- Lecturer at the Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln, Master's degree course "Liability, Risk & Insurance - PI/D&O/Cyber"
- Certified Specialist Lawyer in Insurance Law
- Admitted to the Bar since 2011
- Education and former activities
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Insurance Law, Münster2010-2012
- Research Assistent (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, Cologne2010-2011
- Legal Clerkship (Referendariat) in Bonn, Athens, Düsseldorf and Cologne2008-2010
- Studium der Rechtswissenschaften in Bonn2003-2007
Mr. Karwatzki's practice focuses on insurance and liability law. His expertise in this field is expressed, among other things, by regular publications in specialist media as well as various teaching assignments. In addition, Mr. Karwatzki is a specialist lawyer for insurance law.
Insurers regularly engage Mr. Karwatzki to defend their policyholders in claims for damages. This also includes the defense of claims in so-called mass proceedings in the area of capital and financial investments. Other areas of Mr. Karwatzki's practice include major claims in the field of D&O insurance and recourse in property insurance.
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (DAV)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
Martin Karwatzki's Distinctions
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please try again later.