Distribution and trade
Distribution is a work of art, framed by the distribution system
Specialized lawyers for commercial law and distribution law
We advise our clients in all areas of national and international commercial law and distribution law.
Companies from a wide variety of industries rely on our experts’ experience when structuring and developing distribution systems and shaping international trade relations. We are also increasingly focusing our activities on digitalization and sustainability, key topics of doing business in the future.
Businesses who want to sell goods and services need to overcome challenges: entering new markets, identifying potential customers, recognizing and seizing opportunities. In times when market structures, customer groups and the possibilities to reach these customers are subject to rapid change, these challenges are even more pronounced.
Our experienced lawyers in commercial law and distribution law support you in using your opportunities. We have assisted manufacturers and large retailers in organizing their sales structures for a long time. Our areas of expertise include the structuring of national and international distribution systems in accordance with contract law and distribution antitrust law as well as the support of cross-border trade relations between domestic and global production and service companies.
Advice from lawyers with industry experience in trade and distribution
We assist companies from the manufacturing and service sectors in developing the appropriate distribution systems for their goods and services or in adapting their existing distribution systems to changing economic and legal requirements. In all these endeavors, digitalization is obviously the number one innovation driver. It is our objective to harmonize creative product and distribution ideas with statutory and legislative requirements. We advise a wide variety of companies on topics such as force majeure, margins, commissions, territories, customer group, exclusivity, non-compete agreements, most favored customer clauses, platforms, and online distribution channels
New topics are continually being added, including CSR aspects most recently. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Taskforce advises companies, public institutions, and organizations on how to meet their customers’ expectations and the legal obligations on protecting human rights and environmental standards in their own business operations and in their supplier relationships.
Our range of services in commercial law and distribution law
We focus on advising and assisting our national and international clients in particular:
- in developing new sales markets and customer groups,
- in selecting and designing suitable distribution systems (authorized dealers, commercial agents, franchising, selective distribution systems, internet distribution),
- in developing and adapting contractual bases,
- on complex arrangements in accordance with distribution antitrust law, such as selective distribution systems,
- in difficult contract negotiations,
- on issues relating to commission design,
- on issues relating to employment law and tax law,
- in terminating and phasing out distribution agreements,
- in disputes with customers, suppliers, and distribution partners in court, out of court, and in arbitration proceedings,
- in transposing the Supply Chain Act.
Distribution and trade