Distribution & Trade
Distribution is a work of art, framed by the distribution system
A number of decisions have to be made when goods and services are sold:
margin, commission, territory, customer groups, exclusivity, most-favored status, platforms, online sales channels, and much more. Hidden behind those business management decisions are tough legal structures that call for compliance. Not everything that is useful is allowed. Not everything that is allowed is useful.
Our “Distribution Law and Distribution Systems” practice group combines expertise and experience that we have gained over decades of working on behalf of our clients. We assist manufacturers and suppliers, buyers, and large retailers in organizing the flow of goods and services. We specialize in structuring national and international distribution systems in compliance with the respective legal framework.
Legal advice on distribution law from specialized lawyers
We assist our clients in developing the proper distribution system for their goods and services or in adapting an existing distribution system to changing economic and legal requirements, which result primarily from the digitalization that is found in almost all areas of life.
Our antitrust distribution law practice focuses on designing and further developing our clients’ distribution systems in compliance with antitrust law. Creative sales ideas need to be harmonized with legislative requirements and jurisdiction, so as to avoid critical risk areas that may even endanger a company’s entire existence.
We are also finding solutions for handling distribution contracts, for compensation claims, and for the return of contract goods – all of this together with our clients and their business partners.
Our range of services in distribution law
We are mainly focusing on the support of our national and international clients…
- in selecting and designing the appropriate distribution system, (authorized dealers, sales representatives, franchising, selective distribution systems, Internet distribution),
- in developing and adapting the contractual bases,
- in complex distribution antitrust schemes, such as selective distribution systems
- in difficult contract negotiations,
- in questions relating to the commission structure,
- in employment and tax law issues,
- in terminating and winding down distribution agreements,
- in developing new sales markets and customer groups.
Distribution & Trade