Health Care & Life Sciences
The Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice Group comprises about 35 members. We advise and represent clients in all areas of health care.
Our clients are, in particular, clinics in the private and public sectors; companies in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and food industries; medical device manufacturers; medical and laboratory practices; pharmacies; research centers; rehab and care centers; insurance companies; pharmaceutical wholesalers; and suppliers and service providers. Our work covers all relevant law fields of this broad spectrum, including tax law.
- This includes advising on transactions (buying or selling investments or assets) and the legal support of mergers or other corporate changes, up to and including liquidation. Additionally, we advise in employment law, particularly on transfers of undertakings, personnel leasing, and chief physician contracts.
- We are focusing on procurement, reorganization, privatization, and public-private partnerships, primarily in the hospital sector. This comprises the following areas: waste, laundry, and food supply; energy supply contracts and facility management; laboratory services; ambulance services and technical equipment; purchasing cooperatives; new buildings and renovations. In public procurement law, we advise on European-wide and national award procedures. Our advice includes the drafting of all bidding documents and contracts, participating in negotiations and representing clients in review procedures, and the enforcing of contractual or legal claims after awarding of the contract.
- We are legally supporting medical and nursing activities in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment in regulatory and contractual matters. Where required, we advise with regard to professional mistakes and professional liability.
- Health care also concerns the supply of pharmaceutical, medical, biological and food-related products from all areas of life sciences. We are dealing with issues of research, development, production, and market access in industries for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, biology and nutritional products, and food supplements.
- We advise on medical and observational studies, the law on drug advertising, pharmacy law, and the compliance rules for collaboration between the pharmaceutical sector, physicians, and medical facilities.
- We comprehensively represent in cases of legal violations, such as drug counterfeiting, allegations of corruption, and advertising and other competition violations.
- We also assist on matters of licensing, distribution law, and trademark law.
The Newsletter of our Health Care, Pharma & Life Sciences Practice Group will keep you updated on current judgments and developments in national and European legislation.
The Newsletter of our Health Care & Life Sciences Practice Group will keep you updated on current judgments and developments in national and European legislation.