DATAGROUP acquires a stake in URANO Informationssysteme GmbH assisted by Heuking

A team led by Dr. Rainer Herschlein, Partner at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, legally advised DATAGROUP SE on its investment in URANO Informationssysteme GmbH, based in Bad Kreuznach. DATAGROUP uses the majority stake to massively expand its IT services business in Rhineland-Palatinate and Hesse. The parties agreed not to disclose the acquisition price. Financed entirely from the company’s own funds, the acquisition is still subject to additional closing conditions.

The transaction relates to 70% of the shares in URANO Informationssysteme GmbH and a purchase option for the remaining 30% after two years. This is intended to ensure that existing management continues to work in full and to support smooth transition and integration of URANO into DATAGROUP. For the period after the transition phase, long-term collaboration has been agreed with the existing shareholders.

URANO has roughly 300 employees providing IT services for private sector and public sector organizations. The company is expected to generate sales of some EUR 50 million in the current fiscal year. URANO serves a variety of customers headquartered in Germany.

DATAGROUP SE is a German IT services company with more than 3,000 employees. The company designs, implements, and operates IT infrastructures and business applications such as SAP.

The team led by Herschlein regularly advises DATAGROUP, most recently advising the IT company on its acquisition of banking services provider dna in April 2021.

Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek:

Dr. Rainer Herschlein, LL.M. (Corporate/M&A, Lead),
Benedikt Raisch,
Dr. Emanuel Teichmann,
Charlotte Schmitt, LL.M. (all Corporate/M&A), all Stuttgart
Dr. Stefan Bretthauer (Antitrust), Hamburg
Dr. Markus Klinger (IP, Media & Technology), Stuttgart

Download as PDF

Contact persons

You are currently using an outdated and no longer supported browser (Internet Explorer). To ensure the best user experience and save you from possible problems, we recommend that you use a more modern browser.