DATAGROUP invests in start-up Cloudeteer, assisted by Heuking

IT service provider DATAGROUP acquired 24 percent of the shares of Cloudeteer, a cloud native start-up, and obtained an option for the remaining 76 percent of the shares. A team led by Dr. Rainer Herschlein, Partner at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, advised DATAGROUP on the transaction. Cloudeteer will expand DATAGROUP’s expertise in public clouds and contribute internally developed modules for building and operating complex cloud structures.
Hamburg-based Cloudeteer GmbH offers multi-cloud solutions and consulting on enterprise cloudification, IT governance, and IT security. The company also develops process and software solutions for the cloud, including the “OPS.Stack,” which enables the use of multi-cloud dashboards with real-time display of key performance indicators across different cloud models.
DATAGROUP is one of the leading German IT service companies with more than 2,700 employees at sites throughout Germany. The company designs, implements, and operates IT infrastructures and business applications such as SAP. Cloudeteer is DATAGROUP’s 25th corporate transaction since its IPO. In contrast to the previous approach, Cloudeteer is not to be integrated, but will retain its start-up character.
The team led by Herschlein advised DATAGROUP on several acquisitions, most recently on its acquisition of a majority stake in Diebold Nixdorf Portavis in January.

Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek:

Dr. Rainer Herschlein, LL.M. (Corporate/M&A, Lead),
Charlotte Schmitt, LL.M. (Corporate/M&A), both Stuttgart

Download as PDF

Contact persons

You are currently using an outdated and no longer supported browser (Internet Explorer). To ensure the best user experience and save you from possible problems, we recommend that you use a more modern browser.