The Practice Group Capital Markets is a team of specialized and experienced lawyers, advising companies on carrying out capital market transactions and on matters of ongoing compliance under capital market law.
We provide advice in capital market law, in particular on IPOs and secondary placements, rights issues, reallocation of shares, segment changes,delistings and Squeeze-outs. We are regularly involved in the structuring and issuing of corporate bonds, particularly in the new mid-sized company segments of the German stock exchanges, and rank among the top firms in this field. In addition, actors on the capital market are retaining us for all matters of compliance under capital market law, such as compliance with publication duties or insider trading bans, and for the holding of general shareholders' meetings of listed corporations.
The range of our advisory services comprises moreover all aspects of other types of capital raising on the capital market, such as Equity Line Financing, by issuing convertible bonds and warrant bonds, participation certificates, promissory notes etc. When taking over listed corporations or defending against such takeovers, the team of the Practice Group Capital Markets works out the appropriate strategy with the client and assists in the takeover process on the part of the bidder or of the target company.
It has proven successful to involve specialists from other Practice Groups. In international matters, close collaboration with partner firms in the relevant jurisdictions allows for best possible advice to clients.
The main focus of the Practice Group includes, in particular:
- Preparation of companies with respect to IPOs (in particular, amending by-laws, rules and regulations, etc., carrying out the appropriate capital and restructuring measures)
- Drafting bond and warrant conditions
- Due Diligence prior to IPOs / corporate takeovers
- Drafting of securities and sales prospectuses for public offerings and in the scope of admission procedures for shares and corporate bonds
- Support of prospectus evaluation and takeover bid proceedings at BaFin
- Advising Investors on Block Trades and PIPE Transactions
- Support of takeover scenarios and drafting of bidding documents
- Advice on defending against hostile takeover attempts
- Preparing and carrying out squeeze-out and award procedures
- Designing employee participation programs
- Managing general shareholders' meetings of listed corporations
- Holding compliance seminars
- Support with ad-hoc notifications and the compliance with other notification and publishing duties
Distinctions of the Capital Markets
Articles in Capital Markets